Friday, May 19, 2017

Immigration - deletes your identity

I wasn't aware of that, no one warned me, but immigration deletes your identity. 
Everything you built over the years, everything you achieved, disappear.
You are totally foreigner, completely stranger, nobody knows you, you don't have a credit history of work. You are alone without friends or family that surrounding you and allow you to feel secure with who you are. The language isn't your mother tongue, sometimes you don't understand the slang, the habits, you even can't express yourself appropriately and it's tiring and frustrating to struggle each day again and again with so many unfamiliar things.
Lately, I find myself sing a song that I didn't hear so many years, it's called "Home again". 
One day I will feel home again. I hope that it will be tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment